Our Christmas Playlist
“One thing I love about Christmas music is that it has a tradition of warmth.”~ Zooey Deschanel
One of the most important elements of the holiday season is music! From fun, light pop tunes (think Jingle Bell Rock) to deeply emotional, musically impactful hymns — Christmas music is as important to us as a beautifully decorated tree.
The Fabulous Boomer Sisters’ Christmas Playlist
We love Christmas music! Our “Boomer” Christmas Playlist is long, to say the least, and it was challenging to narrow the choices to just a few. We tried to choose an eclectic selection and came up with the ten arrangements below. We have always favoured traditional carols that evoke a deep emotional chord — the achingly beautiful ones. But we have a soft spot for lighter songs, such as The Twelve Days of Christmas, that are fun to sing and everyone knows.
The ten songs on this list are not our only yuletide favourites — but we hope you will enjoy them as much as we do!
- River – Joni Mitchell
- Christmas Time is Here – Diana Krall
- Walking in the Air – from The Snowman
- Mary Did You Know – Pentatonix
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – James Taylor
- The Wexford Carol — Yo-Yo Ma and Alison Krauss
- The Holly and the Ivy — Loreena McKinnett
- The Coventry Carol — ANÚNA
- The Twelve Days of Christmas — Pentatonix
- Christmas Canon (from the Christmas Attic) — The Trans-Siberian Orchestra
What are your favourite Christmas melodies? Share them in the comments section.
We share a lot of favourites but here are some more of mine:
Handel’s Messiah (entire)
That’s Christmas to Me – Pentatonix
Walking in the Air – The Swingle Singers
Once In Royal David’s City – The Choir of King’s College
Believe – Josh Groban from the Polar Express soundtrack
Maria Wiegenlied – Sissel with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
These are lovely choices! Thank you for sharing some of your favourites. Handel’s Messiah is beautiful. Merry Christmas!